As a photographer, one of my favorite things to receive is just about anything photo related. Now with that being said, I'm not talking about some dinky camera necklace or those awful lens mugs. I mean things that are actually related to photography. If you have a photographer in your family or friend group, here are some ideas on what to get them!
- Fotostrap - These camera straps are sturdy and customizable and come in styles that are great for men and women. You can get them monogrammed or even get your business logo printed on! Another perk is that 10% of every purchase gets donated to Fotolanthropy, a non-profit that gives photo sessions and short films to inspiring people who are overcoming adversity. I don't have one of these yet, but I hope to get one someday! This one is my favorite.
- Memory cards - You can never go wrong with memory cards. Seriously. An extra couple memory cards would make great stocking stuffers. Just make sure you're getting the ones they like to use!
- ONA bags - Okay, we've all seen those camera bags that basically look like glorified diaper bags. We've seen the bulky, the ugly, the "why does this bag always get stuck under my armpit" bags, and more. Avoid the "maybe I should just DIY my own camera bag" disaster to be and check out the stylish ONA bags instead. What I love about these is that they don't look like camera bags. They look like normal, beautifully crafted shoulder bags, messenger bags, and backpacks. Yes, they're expensive, but the quality looks amazing. This is a bag that a photographer will use for years to come and will be proud to tote around to photoshoots. I'm in love with the Chelsea bag in black and would choose to have that over a designer bag any day.
- Artifact Uprising - I originally stumbled across AU on Instagram ages ago. I loved their feed and the products are lovely. I'm a big fan of the Instagram photo books because they're easy to make (connects directly to your Instagram feed!) and look beautiful when complete. One of my goals as a photographer is to start printing more. We're so wrapped up in having photos on Facebook, Instagram, etc. these days that printing photos is becoming a lost art. Let's go back to hanging up pictures on the fridge (that don't date back to when were pre-pubescent and awkward) and filling up photo albums and scrapbooks.
- Photojojo - Okay, this is the go-to place for photo accessories. From iPhone lens clips to a pop-up studio that comes equipped with lights to iPhone and camera accessories that you didn't know existed, you're sure to find something for your favorite photog. Every time I go on there, I find something new that I would love to have.
Hopefully, this will give you an idea of what to get for your loved ones who love to shoot pictures. If you're a photographer, leave a comment and let me know what you would love to get!